Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Don't forget your vitamins

Some tips...

For those who say WLS is the easy way out let's consider this: The decision to undergo WLS means that we will need to take vitamins and supplements several times a day for the rest of our lives.

You can blow it off, but it will catch up with you in the long run! Ask me about my osteopenia....So here's a handy tip.

At first I used cheap-o pill cases from Walgreen's to organize my pills. I found one wasn't enough so I started using two. It kept me organized.

There were definitely some pros:
- I only had to divvy up all the pills once a week.
- I could see if I missed a dose.

The drawbacks though:
- It was hard to fit the giant multi-vitamins and calcium pills in the little compartments.
- The containers weren't child-proof so I was always worried about keeping them out of reach of my little ones.

My solution: I started using empty pill bottles.

I marked them - Monday AM, Monday PM, etc...
I just asked my pharmacist and he gave me ten free ones, but y0u could rinse out and reuse them.

Besides being easier to load, and child-proof, they're also more convenient to take with me when I'm on the go...Let's say I'm going on an overnight trip: all I have to do is grab the bottles I need. Some people take their pills mid-day while away from home: with this method you can easily just toss the one's you need in your lunch-bag or purse!

Simple. Practical. Cheap....that's how I roll!

0 comments:

I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier...


Number of visits since 7/14/08